Saturday, November 17, 2007

Vintage Reproduction


I took this off an old 50's day dress pattern. Blue retro print cotton with a self belt. I added a little fullness in the back for some extra style. Sweet and simple and totally wearable for today. I am so inspired by 50's couture right now. I caught the Golden Age of Couture exhibit at the V&A in London a couple weeks ago. While, I wasnt crazy about some of the dowdier of the suits that were shown, I was once again enthralled by the cut and padding and detail of that era. I guess having been born in that era, I dont get very excited by the visuals of the time, but when I get to see it up close and in action, I am always reinspired. The little Theatre De La Mode dolls that were dressed in the latest fashion were fantastic! That alone was more than worth the price of admission. And the foundations! As soon as I have the time, I am going girdle shopping. Im obsessed.

kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

No comments: