Sunday, August 17, 2008

Regency and Fluffie Rufflies


It was a hot day at Tribal Fest 08 this year and so I wore my Regency underpinnings and my Fluffie Rufflies. I was more covered than many, but I think I was cooler in the long run. It is true what they say. Walking in Fluffie Rufflies is like walking on clouds.

I went as a tourista and just wandered aimlessly, feeling somewhat lost since I have never been there without dancing or vending. I cant say it was as much fun this way, but I had a good time.

Ive been obsessed lately with wanting to wear long gowns as daywear. This comes and goes and I have to be fairly practical for work, but if I could, and I didnt mind dragging my swooshing skirts through the excrement and regurgitation of the modern city street, or had a washer woman to keep my garments clean, I would indulge myself more of this fantasy. Fashion be damned. My way is more fun.

kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

3 comments:

Amber said...

Those underpinnings are lovely! Will they be in your Etsy shop? And you're clothing will be on project runway! That is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Dude. That is totally my (very large) backside in the background of your photo. I can't believe I missed out on the chance to meet you! ~sigh~ Maybe another year.

Kathleen Crowley said...

Hee Hee! I'll be vending at the 09 Tribal Fest and you will have to introduce yourself!!!!

And no, I probably wont be recreating this .....but maybe someday!

X