Sunday, July 25, 2010

Movin Out To The Studio Of My Dreams

Look at all this space! 

I did it. I got my storefront/live/work space and Im moving out of San Francisco after 20+ years of hard living! I'm heading to Crockett, California next month. Im done with hard living. I want deer and quiet and a big place to work with a community that cares for its' surroundings. While there is a lot to be said about city living, Im tired of a lot of it, and I'll be coming in for socializing, dance classes, and supplies quite often. I just get to go home to peace. Thats the plan anyway. I have not met the neighbors, but I hear that they are nice. It will be a bit of an adjustment, but Ive been wanting this for a long time. Of course, reality is never how you picture it to be, but Ive got two of my Salome's Suitcase sisters in town with me there. One on each side. Stitchin, Bitchin, Coffee, and maybe a trunk show or two. Why not! You know you'll want to make the trip - its such a cute little town and nice little road trip! At any rate, the place isnt huge, but I think it will be perfect. I have room to make this work. I'll be more creative. The price is right. Its charming,  Ive got a washer and dryer and a yard. I can make it really sweet in here.
Yes, I can make this work just fine. A little paint. A little love. Workshop in the back. Salon in the front.
Fabric, mirrors, artwork and merchandise. I simply cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Pica Maloria said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations on finding such a lovely place!

Medina Maitreya said...

oh im so happy for you! what a great space!!
<3

carleigh said...

I'm so happy for you!!!!

Amanda Button said...

I am so happy for you! It's wonderful to have a good space for creating, and i bet you are going to have so much fun working in your new digs!
xoxo!

wiccan_19 said...

Congratulations Kathleen! It looks wonderful!

Christine Fiscalini said...

Oh I am so happy for you! I know what it is like to yearn for a creative space that meets all your needs! Enjoy! I'll be over next year so will pop out to visit! Squeee!