Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wedding On The Beach

My nephew got married yesterday. I made his fiance a little wedding dress. She brought me some photos of dress ideas that she liked and I figured out what would look best on her, what color would look best on her, and what we could do with her budget. I cant copy something exactly because I dont like copying other people's work and I cant help but put my own twist on things anyway.
She wanted something simple and elegant and I think I gave that to her. Stretch silk. Empire waist. Drapery in the back for a taste of drama. A little lace.
I lined the dress in a lightweight silk and gave it a side zipper. I didnt go into a lot of detail, but I gave her a flattering, quality gown that fit her and was easy to wear. It took her from the beach to a picnic reception in the woods, but would have been suitable for a church wedding as well. If she was so inclined, she could have this dress dyed and get a lot more wear out of it.


The weather could not have been more perfect!

No comments: