Saturday, April 30, 2011

Happy Royal Wedding - Those Kids Are Sure In Love!


































It seems that you either have an opinion, or you just don't care. Of course, over here, there is a buzz, but we don't have Kings and Queens and all that goes with it. Our Empire is pretty dull and boring to watch. I, of course, would love to be part of that British world, but I just have to do my best to live vicariously through others.

I didn't get too excited until I turned on the TV to see what the new Princess was wearing down the aisle. Because what she wears is setting the trend to what women will be wanting to wear for the next few seasons. I was afraid that I would see something I hated.
What a relief when I saw her wearing vintage modern. (or would that be modern vintage ) What a relief!
But my mom is super excited about it, so when I turned on the TV, I knew she would be happy to see what Princess Catherine was wearing.............
 tra la - Princess Catherine wore a modern version of my mother's wedding dress ala Grace Kelly. The collar, the lace bodice and sleeves with the big skirt was very much in vogue in the mid 50's. I was super happy to see  Catherine in her Sarah Burton dress and matching shoes. I wish a had a photo of my mom's dress. It was probably pretty classic for back then, and of course, not rich like this,  but I always loved it.

And all this is going right along with the Wedding Dress Samples that Im working on - once again, I am right on trend!

Here is the official website with lots of photos (it says its "official")................and Here is where you can read about the dress!

I admit that I was terrified that I was going to wake up this morning  and see her in a strapless dress wearing a shrug.  I really was afraid. You just never know. Ladies - don't do this anymore. Most of you slouch. Not pretty. Lets move on to something else now. Hey! How about sleeves and button detail!

Now, they have been calling her a commoner, but those two are distantly related. And Im sure that this is how this whole prince marrying a commoner thing  is being ok with everyone. She is highly educated and they are distant cousins many times removed. It works.

She is beautiful. He is a cutie and they were obviously happy to be together. So refreshing!  I wasn't happy with her hair down and the tiny  bouquet. But that's just my opinion. I would have liked to have seen a stiffer veil perhaps and her hair up. But they are the new Royals and this is 2011. Nothing is ever going to be the same as it was before. And this is a good thing. Its going to be fun to see how the kids transform the monarchy and all that goes with it!

Congratulations!


kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

No comments: