Monday, August 30, 2010

Aprons Are Not A Thing Of The Past


I found a box of aprons that I had made a while back (ok - several years ago). I had sold a lot of them, but then moved on to other things. I didn't want to make aprons for a living and it wasn't catching on like I had envisioned. But since then I have seen several adorable ladies wearing aprons over their capris and dresses  - one in particular was wearing hers at our Salome's Suitcase trunk show this August. I wish I had taken a photo.

So now that I have a wall to shoot photos against, I pulled them out of the box, ironed them and started a little photo shoot. I could only get to 4 aprons so I guess its just going to have to be a slow process. I started putting them up on Etsy at a lighter price. There was a lot of work that went into some of them, but hey, its an apron. And I need to clear them out for new stuff. They will be great for Christmas and birthday presents!
You can wear them with your pants and with your skirts. I used to wear mine with tassels over my dance skirts because they are so long and full. They really worked well for a certain gypsy-esque look and it made me happy! But as you can see here, Sandi Ball of Hi Beam Bindis is looking pretty happy and snappy in hers! Ok - snappy is kind of an old lady word, isn't it. Phat. They look phat. No that doesn't work, What is the new slang.........snappy. They look snappy.
                                                                        Cute. Very Cute!

kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

2 comments:

Flissy said...

Super adorable! Who doesn't love aprons!?

Aline Oliveira said...

just puuurfect!!! and you could put anything inside those pockets!!
loved those!