Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Sale To Ward Off The Global Recession Blues!

 I never get tired of how pretty all these flounces of lace look with costumes or under skirts and dresses! This is not a look for everyone, but how pretty!!!!! These are perfect for a Steampunk Wedding - or a Victorian Wedding..............well, I wear mine all the time. They are really the most comfortable things Ive ever worn! And such a romantic vision. Yes, they just ooze old timey romance!

And if you are a dancer and you can rock this look, you will find it so easy to wear and dance in!

KathleenCrowleyCostumeCouture is having a little Global Recession Sale at the olde Etsy Shoppe this week! I knocked off about 15% on all my custom goods and I can take some new orders now - so read all the info, take your measurements, and let me make you some new duds! This is a good bargain in these difficult times if you are ever so stylishly inclined. The Fluffie Rufflie Pantaloons alone take sometimes 12 yards of fabric. But the way they are made you wouldn't know it until all that swishy laciness starts floating around your ankles!

You'll find that my garments can take a while to make. As much as I wish it were not so, I can make no apologies for this because I don't farm my work out..  Its done right here in my studio. I have to go at my own pace. I cant rush the process because there are chances for making mistakes when I do. Sometimes I work fast and sometimes I work slow - this is no sweat shop. There is always a line of orders and Etsy  purchases to process. I take on new orders in order to keep the cash flow moving. If that stops, the presses stop: I cant eat or buy fabric if the flow discontinues. This is how many small handmade businesses work. And sometimes we forget this because we are so used to immediate shopping gratification. So I'm always working. Always making something or looking for the right materials to work with, or doing the admin. Or looking for more projects! There is a lot more to my little business than sitting and sewing all day!

All orders and merchandise are cut out one at a time by myself. I sometimes have a helper come in, but not as often these days. This is a skill and a craft that is going away - which makes what I try to do all the more special. This is how things used to be made. Ive been soooooo lucky to be able to support myself doing this and my goal is to continue to do so in the coming years!!!!

                                                           *******************
Ive been cutting away at the last batch of Etsy orders that I took in. I'll be starting to ship those out bit by bit soon. And thanks for your patience!

Photo: Barefoot Bellydance wearing Fluffie Rufflie Pantaloons!

kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

1 comment:

Melissah said...

I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm just new into blogging & have just finished off my own blog on fashion & interior design.
scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
I had a lot of fun putting it together. I would love your feedback on it if you've got a spare minute.
x
Melissah