Monday, December 27, 2010

I Had A Barbie Christmas

First of all, I hope everyone is having  a great Christmas Season no matter what your beliefs or your circumstances! I feel a little guilty about my Christmas this year because so many have gone without this time around. No money. No presents. No good feelings. No hope. I don't usually do much during the holdays, but I spent a Barbie Christmas with my sister and my niece and nephew. There are still plenty of people with good jobs and with luck, things will turn around one of these days. It just doesn't feel like it. Chin Up!
No matter what though, we can all live vicariously through Barbie!
I have never seen anyone in possession of so many Barbies in my whole entire life! There were more - everywhere I looked, there were Barbies! I remember when I FINALLY got a Barbie and it was SUCH A BIG DEAL to get an outfit or some accessories for her! I had  the cardboard Barbie Dream House and I took that over to my friend Maggie's house all the time and we made Barbie clothes and most of the fun was just getting her dressed and setting up the house. Just like real life. (Well isn't that how it is, really??????)
 I'm not judging. Garage sales and birthdays and Christmas are for getting Barbies. I would have this many too if I'd had my druthers.  But I think these kids have more than all seven of us had all year long! And that my friends, is the main selfish reason why I hated having so many brothers and sisters. I didn't get much and there wasn't much to go around. I hated it. I hated sharing. I hated that there were only a few Barbies and that most of  Barbie clothes were hand made. I wanted this many Barbies. I craved this many Barbies. I wanted her outfits. I wanted her friends and her furniture! I wanted her life!

So I can go to Tricia's house because we live closer to each other now and we can play Barbies all we want.

Dillon got tons of Legos and a remote control jeep - but Barbie kind of took over. I think he was perfectly fine with that.
Here is Ken and the Barbies in the Barbie Glam Jet Plane - with pool and alcoholic beverages - being all natural and having fun. Yeah - Id be doing this too if I were Barbie. I'll be honest.
My sister spent most of the morning putting this jet and other toys together. It was crazy how poorly designed a lot of this stuff is. They make stickers that you have to put on everything yourself and the stickers don't match the diagram or fit on the toy correctly. It took HOURS! Fiona ended up playing with the box, but oh well. She's just too little to understand how special her Barbie lifestyle is yet.


She also got that Ken doll that you can record nasty messages to Barbie on..................that got confiscated, I believe. We must set limits.

No comments: