Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Have Yourself A Merry Little Disco Christmas

I have to admit, I went to discos, many guys looked like this, I didn't pass up a line, I dressed in vintage and velvet and lace, I fell off a platform shoe or two, I loved Freddy Mercury with all my heart, those were the days. No - they really were. It wont ever be like that again. But if you go to Retro Fit on Valencia, you'll find plenty to take you back to those times! At least you can pretend!

I don't have  a lot of free time for blogging right now. Orders have to go out and merchandise has to be made. Christmas is leaping at me and while Ive got my tree all up and decorated,  I'm not ready for it yet, I know I'm not alone in this...........but here's one for the road........

My body is screaming to hibernate. I'm pretty sure that because of the quiet around here, the darkness of winter, the short days, my body and mind have accessed that primal code that says huddle  around the fire and stay in the cave. I think that I'm going through the transitional phase of not being overly stimulated for a length of time - maybe  for the first time in over 20 years. Myself just doesn't know what to do with this new thing called peace and quiet. Myself just wants to go to sleep - and Me, Myself, and I are having a bit of a battle about it right now.

Well, I'm sure as I get used to my new surroundings and lifestyle, the body and mind will adjust. Its like being thrust back in time with severe jet lag. That's exactly what it feels like. (not that Ive ever been thrust back in time...but you know what Im sayin....)

And I have to admit that I have been on quite a ride for a long, long time. 

So Last weekend I went all bridge and tunnel on myself and went to my friend Matthew James' annual Christmas party. He has a new theme every season and works very hard all year to provide the environment and ambiance for his circle of friends to come hang out and be silly for a while. He makes a new tree every year, makes and glitters his ornaments, makes all the decorations. This year was Studio 54. And he did not disappoint! Maybe because of the theme and the fact that some of us were actually around to know what those times were like, it wasn't hard to throw something together and get into the swing of things. Even those who were not of that era did a good job of it. I had a really good time  and we all hearkened back to the day. Its not hard, really....the stereotypical collars and pants and wigs are all out there and clothing today is very heavily 70's themed. I saw a lot of short little jumpsuity things and drapey dresses. - very cute! Anyone remember Quiana?
Wigs transform. Can I just say that if I HAVE to come back again for another round of earth living. that I want to come back with a big blond mass of poodle hair!  Screw this pansy ass white girl thin hair shit...............some ancestry I say,  as I stomp my foot.

Steven LeMay, owner of Retrofit on Valencia St. was my date for the evening. He let me borrow his best fro wig, we donned our tossed- together -at -the -last -minute apparel, hopped into a Homobile, and headed to Matt's house. Despite my best efforts to buy or steal that wig, my efforts fell on deaf ears. There are no more to be found. And its his last one. Oh well. At least I got to borrow it.
All  had was my iphone for pics, but you get the gist. Merry Disco Christmas!
                                                                     Matt as Dig Diggler

No comments: