Friday, May 8, 2009

Pallete For Spring


I had the craziest dream last night. I went to a fashion party with my friend Chris. I was supposed to present a sample of my work. Because I never have time to make anything that stays in the shop, I made a little cake out of things I WOULD LIKE TO USE and colors that are on my mind right now. It was like a potpourri of whats hanging around in jars and bags and scraps I have stuffed in corners.

Someone sat on my cake and ruined it. So I had to quickly use what was left and create something new and unique. I just couldn't come up with anything quickly and everyone was growing very impatient. I was taking forever. I knew I was working from a place of extreme stress and behaving irrationally. Even Chris was getting mad at me. Steven Meisel was supposed to photograph this display and was disgusted with my unprofessional ism and ready to bail. But in true NOT NY fashion, they let me come up with SOMETHING. So I just started grabbing whatever I could find that caught my eye and made a display on the table in my hodge podge style. It did have a color theme which I thought was pleasing to the eye, but it didn't really make sense. Some fashion world big wig was telling me to get the hell out of there and Steven was growing very irate. I was filled with anxiety, yet I continued on. When I was satisfied I told Mr. Meisel that he could shoot. He refused and said it was crap or something like that and I said said, shoot, you moron. Everyone did the gasp of horror. And he looked me in the eye and I said "Its the pallet for spring." So he shot the best photo of his life.

Just a little anxiety there and I did talk to Chris last night about the drama in NY at the moment. So of course, I'm playing out a Project Runway theme in my dream. And I am a Little under the gun right now. I just don't remember my dreams much these days, and since it has to do with the fashion world and trends, I thought Id share!

And no.......I'm not sharing the next "pallet for spring"! That's for me to know and you to find out!
XXX

No comments: