Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Work In Progress


The weather has been very warm here in old SF and esp. in the Mission District. We are not used to it and we either wilt or get angry or go out more at night or all of the above.

Last night, the junkies in the hotel next door were performing (as Kristine put it so eloquently) "Syd&Nancy the Play". We were highly amused - and its always fun as long as it isn't in our building.

Our building is actually very quiet and filled with hard working people who get up early, go to work, and go to bed at a decent hour. You can actually feel the vibe as everyone rises to greet the day and then settle down to get their rest. No loud music. No partying except for a dinner or the occasional gathering. It is not what I'm accustomed to - and I rather like it! - My little oasis in the sea of humanity. My garden of Eden in the jungle.

Yesterday Jessie from downstairs and I had root beer floats in the garden that we have resurrected from neglect. Like the Phoenix rising from its ashes, the buds are popping out on the once thought dead Camellia's.

The day before, Hilde from Brighton came and spent a couple hours before she had to go home. It was really nice to see her again.

Last night, Kristine made an amazing Portabello mushroom dinner with fresh herbes from our porch garden. I can still taste it. She told me a bold faced lie when she said she couldn't cook! Hah! There is a huge jug of Sangria in the frige that I dare not touch til I get a lot more done today.

My son informed me that I'm going to be a grandma. Wasn't he just a baby like yesterday? Spring. That eternal baby maker. I'm calling it Damien for now. And no - I will not be making a line of baby clothes. Im still a bit in shock. When the hell did my kid grow up? Its a little too soon to get excited, but I suppose this means that I will have a new tattoo next to the one I had when Haydn was a tot. His name and the baby's intertwined. Awwwwwwwww.........

And in between all these daily little interruptions that make me happy or wondering where time has gone, I have been cutting fabric for Tribal Fest garments and costumes. It is slow progress in the heat. The goal was to cut out all my fabric and then sew it all up - but we'll see how it goes. I'm already running out of stuff I need! The saga never ends and life goes on..............a true work in progress.

kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

No comments: