Monday, December 29, 2008

My Sewing Machine Loves Me



So Im sitting at my sewing machine, ripping out ruffles on a long overdue order because at the last minute I decided that I didnt like the sequence of the flounces and wanted them to look the way I want them to in the moment. I look up at the clock and its 10pm. I had planned to go to Amnesia tonight and catch up with some friends and say hi to others. By the time I would get down there, it would be too late - for me anyway. So Im grumbling and cursing silently to myself because I always say Im going to do something and something gets in the way. Then I looked over at my sewing machine - my steady, loyal, reliable best friend Consew - and the two threads are forming a loopy heart, like I draw when Im feeling silly. I kid you not - and all I could say was awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............

kc.costumecouture@gmail.com

No comments: