Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Cost Of Making Or Buying Costumes


Here is an article I stumbled on last night that says it all for any of us who make or create things of quality and value. I constantly get asked how much it would cost to make something like in this photo. And when I give a rough quote, I am always surprised at the sticker shock. Like I could actually make this for $300.00. I know you all suffer from this........I wish we had a way to band together and get some uniform pricing, but that would be pretty difficult. And I'm sure that's why it hasn't been done yet. That I know of anyway. Great article at any rate. And this doesn't apply to everyone of course. I am so very appreciative of everyone who gets how much things cost and why and want to support me and do.

The Cost of Making or Buying Costumes

1 comment:

Lynne Rutter said...

someone who really wants that, will pay whatever you set. the trick is to really believe that no one will do it better or for less, because they cannot.
the problem is not just the clients, it's also the large number of artists not asking for what they need and deserve for their work. gives us all a black eye when they do, too.

i was just going to tell you i'd found a site with good large images but i see you've been there already!